Compassionate female psychotherapists helping women feel empowered and better able to handle life’s struggles, challenges, and losses.
Therapists Phyllis Klein, LCSW and Marlena Kushner, MFT have years of experience supporting and counseling women, offering individual and couples therapy.
San Francisco and Palo Alto.
San Francisco and Marin
To contact us: Call 415-281-0828.
Fill out a contact form or Email
- Your body image When you look in the mirror, how do you react? … Continue reading
- Doctor visit anxiety Do you feel anxious about going to the doctor? Although … Continue reading
- Handling conflict in relationship – The art and miracle of compromise How is it that just when you feel everything is … Continue reading
- Stress reduction–persistence and support Do you find yourself hanging on through the challenges of stress reduction and self improvement, or do you give up too easily? How do you know when it's time to let go and move on? How do you find support for a healthier lifestyle? Read the Post
We offer psychotherapy for:
- Trauma/Sexual Abuse: Trauma can impact your life on every level. Therapy can facilitate healing the most vulnerable wounds.
- EMDR Therapy: A powerful tool to heal the effects of trauma and self destructive patterns in your life.
- Writing for healing: Writing can offer an outlet for difficult feelings. It’s a way to understand yourself through creativity.
- Depression: Depression can affect every area of your life. It’s hard to heal alone.
- Anxiety: Are you plagued with worry or paralyzed by your fears? Therapy can offer solutions.
- Relationship Counseling: Are you longing for more intimacy? Do you need help with conflict in your current relationship?
- Self Esteem: We all know what this is but the question is how to have more.
- Eating Disorders/Body Image: Do you feel out of control with food? Are you obsessed with how eating affects your appearance?
- Grief: Grief can be complicated and traumatic. It can take you by surprise with its power.
- Chronic Illness:Are you isolated and afraid? It’s possible to stop hurting yourself with substances. You can learn more about how.
- Addiction: It’s possible to stop hurting yourself with substances. You can learn more about how.
- Codependency: Are you taking care of everyone else? Do you feel afraid to acknowledge yourself?
- Life and Career Transitions: Life cycle changes are stressful and can be complicated by other problems such as trauma, grief, or illness.
- Creativity/Spirituality: How can you focus on bringing more of this into your life?
- LGBT needs: Do you feel afraid you won’t be understood or accepted for who you are?